Overpayments, Appeals and Reviews
If you want to appeal against a previous Council Tax Benefit decision (before it was replaced by Council Tax reduction) you can use the same process as for Housing Benefit appeals.
You can appeal against:
- how your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction has been calculated
- the amount of Housing Benefit you receive
- Council Tax Reduction if you think the rules for your local scheme have been wrongly applied
- the calculation of any overpayment
- how an overpayment is recovered
You won't be able to ask for a revision or make an appeal against any administrative decisions. These are decisions such as when and how your benefit is paid.