Report a change

You are in the right place to tell us about a change of address, it is the easiest and quickest channel of communication. However, please note you will only be able to report a change of address, if either the date is in the past or the date falls within the next 30 days. For all moves outside of this timeframe, please revisit the website closer to the date of the move.

Before you complete this form, please check the postcode of your property falls within the Breckland Council area.

Moving house – Council Tax

To report a move or change in liability for Council Tax (including Council Tax Support and/or Housing Benefit) select one of the options below:


Moving house - not liable for Council Tax

Select this option if you have an existing housing benefit claim but are not liable for Council Tax at the property you are moving from or to.

Example: You are renting a room


Important: If you are notifying us of a move, please note that the process time may take up to 4-6 weeks before your bill is generated. You do not need to resubmit another form within this time frame.