Coronavirus COVID-19 information

Information and useful links how the delivery of Council Tax, Housing Benefit, Local Council Tax Reduction, Business Rates and Business Improvement District (BID) has been affected due to the current coronavirus (COVID-19) emergency.

Customer Service Restrictions

Some Customer Service counters remain closed to the public, please click on the links to find out more:

Go to: Anglia Revenues Online for further assistance.

Are you or someone you know vulnerable?

If you are vulnerable or know of somebody who is vulnerable please contact the Norfolk County Council Support Helpline on 0344 800 8020. Further details are available via The Norfolk Assistance Scheme.

Useful advice and support links for your area

Help and Support Available

If you have been financially affected by COVID -19 please see information and useful links below regarding assistance with your rent, Council Tax or business rates.

Use the links to make a claim or report a change in your circumstances. Do not delay in making your claim or reporting a change as any financial support may not be backdated.

Support for East Suffolk and West Suffolk residents:

Further help can also be found through the Suffolk Support and Advice Service which helps people across the county access information or support relating to debt, benefits, housing or employment. You can contact the service on 0800 068 3131 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday or visit the Suffolk County Council website- Suffolk Advice and Support Service for more information.

Support for Breckland residents:

Further help for Norfolk residents who are suffering from hardship as a result of COVID-19 can also be found through the Norfolk Winter Support Scheme.

Test and Trace Payment Scheme

Application forms can be found on individual Local Authority websites;

Universal Credit

Department of Works and Pensions

Understanding Universal Credit - Coronavirus and claiming benefits

More useful information regarding the coronavirus has been provided by the Department for Work and Pensions.

Council Tax

If you are experiencing difficulty in paying your Council Tax, please contact us to request a change in your instalment plan using the forms below.

Please note: Any requests for a change in your instalment plan should be made by completing the form below and requests cannot be processed over the telephone.

Make a claim for Council Tax Reduction if:

If you are already in receipt of Council Tax Reduction complete our Change of Circumstance form below to let us know about changes to your income.

Help With Paying Your Rent

Most working age people should claim help with rent costs through Universal Credit,

However, if you are pension age or live in supported or temporary accommodation you should claim Housing Benefit using the links below.

If you are already in receipt of Housing Benefit complete our Change of Circumstance form below to let us know about changes to your income.

Discretionary Housing Payments

If you are already in receipt of Housing Benefit or the Housing Element of Universal Credit and are experiencing difficulty in paying your rent, make a claim for a Discretionary Housing Payment below as you may be entitled to some additional support

Business Rates

In a response to the current coronavirus outbreak, the Government has announced new measures to support businesses. Further guidance to employers and businesses about COVID-19 is now available.

We are currently receiving a high volume of calls and correspondence regarding these announcements. As a result, response time to queries and other communications may be delayed whilst we wait for further guidance from central Government.

We are currently working on issuing revised bills showing the correct relief entitlement, there is no need to make a claim. All new information regarding reliefs and grants will be reviewed and updated on our website as soon as received.   

Other help and advice is available from The Money and Pensions Service.

If you are experiencing difficulty in paying your business rates or Business Improvement District (BID) payments; please contact us using the forms below.

More helpful information and guidance will be posted on this page as it is confirmed.