Partly Occupied Property
(Also referred to as Section 44a relief)
Business rate relief may be available if you partially occupy a commercial property for a short period of time. Typical reasons why this relief might be available are:
- Your business is moving into a property gradually, over a period of months
- Your business is moving out of a property gradually, over a period of months; or
- Your business has had to relocate temporarily and parts of the premises are unoccupied.
How to apply:
You will need to email or write to us with the following information:
- An explanation of the circumstances leading to your business part occupying the premises
- A clear floor plan identifying the occupied and unoccupied parts of the premises
- The dates from which partial occupation of the property began, and when the property is likely to be fully occupied or fully unoccupied.