Additional Help With Rent and Council Tax

If you are experiencing financial difficulty, we may be able to help you.

Discretionary Payments are short-term or one-off payments made to those experiencing exceptional financial hardship.

To be eligible, you must be receiving:

  • Housing Benefit, or
  • Council Tax Reduction, or
  • The housing element of Universal Credit

To apply, please complete a form which can be found in our online services section.

We will then come back to you to inform you if you have been successful or not. If your application is not successful, we will let you know why.

If you are unsuccessful in applying for Discretionary Payments, you can request that the decision is reviewed. Any request to review a decision must be made in writing within one month of the decision being made. Any new evidence to support your claim will also need to be submitted. Any decision made after a review is final and cannot be appealed against.