Report a change

Before you complete this form, please check the postcode of your property falls within the West Suffolk Council area.

Moving house – Council Tax

To report a move or change in liability for Council Tax (including Council Tax Support and/or Housing Benefit) select one of the options below:


Moving house - not liable for Council Tax

Select this option if you have an existing housing benefit claim but are not liable for Council Tax at the property you are moving from or to.

Example: You are renting a room


Important: If you are notifying us of a move, please note that the process time may take up to 4-6 weeks before your bill is generated. You do not need to resubmit another form within this time frame.