Overpayments, Appeals and Reviews

If you want to appeal against a previous Council Tax Benefit decision (before it was replaced by Council Tax reduction) you can use the same process as for Housing Benefit appeals.

You can appeal against:      

  • how your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction has been calculated     
  • the amount of Housing Benefit you receive        
  • Council Tax Reduction if you think the rules for your local scheme have been wrongly applied      
  • the calculation of any overpayment     
  • how an overpayment is recovered

You won't be able to ask for a revision or make an appeal against any administrative decisions. These are decisions such as when and how your benefit is paid.